Will Belarus, Europe’s last remaining dictatorship, go the same way as Georgia and Ukraine? One can only hope so. Although this time, I have a feeling that the regime’s propaganda-based support is too strong, and that the demonstrators are too few. Sadness and anxiety prevail when I see their courage and optimism.
Still, for those who want to stay informed on recent events, here are a few links:
- Charter 97 (EN). Opposition website, often off-line
- Charter 97 (RU). Mirror site outside Belarus
- Zubr (EN). Activist website
- Multclub (EN/RU). Cartoons on the president and the regime
- Belarus blog (EN). Blog by Belarussian expat Andrei Khrapavitski
- Tobias on Belarus (EN). By Swedish liberal activist Tobias Ljungvall
- Orange Revolution Belarus (EN)
- Recent photos on Flickr.com.